problem on x64 Windows

New in town

Post Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:58 am

problem on x64 Windows

I just tried to run the latest windows build posted to (20070604) on my system, which is running XP x64, and I got the "This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect" message that was mentioned on the old forum.

After a quick web search, I found a suggestion:

I ran MS' "CorFlags Conversion Tool" from the .NET 2.0 SDK on the freetrain.exe binary with the /32BIT+ option, as directed.

From what I understand, this flags a .NET 2.x+ app to run on 32-bit CLR rather than the 64-bit one that it would default to on 64-bit Windows. (There's a discussion of reasons why bugs might be specific to the 32- or 64-bit CLRs at if you're interested.)

Anyway, after the flag change, freetrain.exe launches fine under XP x64,... but then refuses to draw anything in the map window. D'oh!

Site Admin

Post Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:10 am

Re: problem on x64 Windows

Darn. Well, nice try. We are really short on C#ers at the moment. It looks like jendave is busy and he'd done all the recent work on FreeTrain. I should start asking around again but I'm overcommitted atm... will try and find time to spread the word before the end of this year.
Free Gamer - open source games blog
FreeGameDev forums - open source games development community

Return to Bug Reports